University of Carlos III Madrid (UC3M)
UC3M International Exchange Program website: http://www.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/international/students/exchange
ME students will be studying in the bilingual Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Carlos III Madrid (UC3M). Majority of the freshman through junior ME courses are taught in English. However, more advance courses and more senior courses are only taught in Spanish.
- Spring semester: later half of January to later half of May. 2011 spring semester: 1/24/2011 to 5/26/2011.
Plan-of-study and core course transfer
- Sample plan-of-study (POS)
- UC3M bilingual ME curriculum (website)
- UC3M course offering and schedule (website in Spanish)
- UC3M 221 - 14815 transfer to Purdue ME323
Monthly room and board cost for staying in student dorm is: EUR 615-751.
Purdue Study Abroad Program Number: SA20264
- Talk with your parents/family and confirm that you are going
- Adjust your POS to reflect ETA study abroad in Spring semester (core course and electives)
- Inform Prof. George Chiu and Jerry Matthews of your intention by 09/01 - We need to inform/nominate your to the host institution
- Meet with your fellow students who are going to Spain-UC3M to strategize and collaborate on application and travel planning
- Complete application at NTU before their application deadline (09/30)
- Complete registration of appropriate SA and ME course for Spring semester
- Apply for appropriate visa for Spain as soon as possible
- Apply for student housing as soon as appropriate
- Begin travel arrangement