Heat Transfer impacts nearly every area of industry, which is why Purdue hosts numerous laboratories dedicated to studying, enhancing, and pioneering new methods of heat transfer and energy conversion. With this research, Purdue is answering the challenging questions:
- How will we cool the avionics of future spacecraft?
- What can make solar-powered energy more feasible?
- Where does heat transfer improve on engine or battery performance?
- How can nanomanufacturing create better electronics?
- Can thermal therapy create new treatments for disease?