First-Year Engineering at Purdue
The First-Year Engineering (FYE) Program of the School of Engineering Education is the entry point for all beginning engineering students. The mission of this student-oriented program is to advise, prepare, and retain outstanding students for degree programs in Purdue's College of Engineering.
Request your major here
Link to the Engineering Transition to Major Request Form: For students who plan to finish FYE at the end of this semester, now is the time to complete the major request form. If you have not received an email invitation to complete the form, or if you want to change your request, you can do so with this link. Questions? email email@example.com or see the information about the T2M process.
- make an appointment to meet with your FYE advisor
- learn about the walk-in schedule for FYE advisors or for Student Representatives of Professional Engineering Schools
- other common advisor questions
- list of required courses and a typical plan of study for FYE students
- general education requirements in FYE
- guidance on the Science Selective
- courses that can be substituted for FYE requirements
- information about how the EAI is calculated
- information about AP credit
- substitute courses at Purdue regional campuses and transfer courses at other universities
- the "four semester" rule
E. Think Summer
- opportunities for taking courses in the summer
- opportunities for professional advancement in summer
- link to the Purdue Transfer Credit Database to see if a summer course elsewhere will transfer in as an FYE course
Entering First-Year Engineering
C. CODO (change of major) from other programs at Purdue
Engineering Schools and Disciplines
Help and Resources
C. FYE Career Exploration Event: "Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Experiences"