Renewable energy is the future. Purdue researchers dive deep into marine energy, wind, solar, and every other energy-generating possibility out there. They also tackle the energy storage technology of today, making batteries and fuel cells function longer and more safely in all of our devices. We believe engineering has the answers to many of the environmental issues of today, and we won't stop until we find them!
Faculty in Sustainable Energy
- Modeling, Experiments and Simulations of turbulent boundary layers: role of initial conditions and bio-inspired micro-surfaces on evolution of velocity/thermal fields.
- Importance of turbulence and complex topography on wind energy.
- Integration of renewable with water and thermal storage.
- Translational research focus on renewable energy & society
- Wall interaction (e.g., bio-inspired micro surfaces) in respiratory flows
- Big data in turbulence, renewable energy and biomedical engineering.
- Energy and social equality
- Deformation, stress, plasticity, fracture
- Multiscale modeling, first-principles, molecular dynamics simulations, and finite element modeling
- In-situ experiments
- Mechanics of redox active materials - Li-ion batteries, Na-ion batteries, all-solid-state batteries
- Mechanics of polymeric materials - organic electrochromics, superelastic organic semiconductors