Research at Purdue University Mechanical Engineering
At Purdue's School of Mechanical Engineering, researchers study everything from fuel pumps to heart pumps. Carbon fiber to carbon nanotubes. Rocket engines to solar power. Purdue ME's 94 faculty and 1,000 graduate students collaborate with industry, government, and academia on millions of dollars of groundbreaking research to tackle the world's grand challenges. Purdue's world-class facilities include:
- Zucrow Labs, the largest academic propulsion lab in the world
- Herrick Labs, the largest academic HVAC lab in the world
- Birck Nanotechnology Center, the largest academic cleanroom in the world
- Maha Labs, the largest academic hydraulics lab in the country
- MMRL, a lab devoted to the future of manufcaturing
- ... and many more!