ME Co-op Coordinator: Julia King
ME Co-op Coordinator: Stephanie Winder
Co-op programs provide students with exceptional work integrated learning experience. Students alternate semesters of on-campus academic study with sessions of work with a valued industry partner. Those who participate in co-op gain 12-20 months of paid work experience by graduation. By fulfilling all requirements of the Co-Op Program, students will receive an academic certificate to accompany their Mechanical Engineering degree.
Process Once a Co-op Offer is Secured
- Once you accept a co-op offer from an OPP partnering employer, submit a copy of your offer letter to email@example.com.
- Sign and submit the ME Co-op Program Rules (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revise your Plan of Study (POS) to reflect your co-op program.
- Schedule an advising appointment with your assigned academic advisor to review your revised Plan of Study and enroll in the appropriate co-op course.
- Complete and submit ME Co-op Checklist (Fillable PDF).
Note: If you are a FYE student, submit your revised POS to email@example.com. After you are admitted to ME, enroll in the appropriate co-op course.
Purdue Professional Practice Program
Students who participate in the Professional Practice Program should follow guidelines set by the Office of Professional Practice.
Co-op Process Documents for Students
- ME Co-op Checklist (Fillable PDF)
- ME Co-op Program Rules (PDF)
- ME Co-op Employer Transition (PDF)
- ME Co-op Termination (PDF)