Put Boilermakers to work for you!
Sponsor a design project with Purdue Mechanical Engineering, and you’ll get tremendous value from your investment: fresh eyes, technical knowledge, and a motivated team of engineering students who devote their entire semester to solving your problem. Plus, you get access to all the facilities and expertise of one of the top 10 engineering schools in the country.
- Get the best and brightest minds working on solutions for you
- Get your company’s name in front of Purdue engineering students
- Get a man-year worth of effort for little investment
- You own all the intellectual property
- No problem is too big or too small!
- It's like getting 6 interns for the price of one!
How does it work?
Purdue is dedicated to preparing engineers for real-world challenges. That’s why students devote their final semester to pursuing a singular capstone design project. With your sponsorship, these students can be devoting their time to your engineering challenges!
- Choose an engineering project, big or small, that would benefit your company
- Plan a slot for either fall or spring semester
- A team of 4-6 Purdue students will be assigned to your project at the beginning of the semester
- You coordinate with the team of students, and give them as much guidance and background as is necessary to complete the project. Every project is different; some may be done remotely, while others might necessitate more hands-on work and in-person visits
- The Purdue student team will work on the problem, and continue to check in with your company's liaisons throughout the process
- At the end of the semester, they will deliver a presentation, along with their final prototype
- You have the option of continuing with the students to pursue IP, further advancement of the prototype, or even hiring team members!
Have an issue with a manufacturing process? Want to experiment with a new feature for your product? Is there a small problem at your facility you’ve always wanted to solve? Put Boilermakers to work for you! Contact us today to get started!
Purdue is one of the top 10 Mechanical Engineering programs in the country (US News & World Report)
2,200 students and 90 faculty
91% of students graduate with industry experience
45% of students have international experience
The national average is just 5%
75% of graduates will go to work in industry!
Automotive, aerospace, defense, energy, biomedicine, manufacturing, management, and more!
"What was most beneficial was the new ideas the guys had without knowing our market or previous designs. They did the research needed, asked the right questions and in the end came up with an innovative idea outside the norm for our industry. We were really impressed with the professionalism of the students and how they worked as a team to get the job done. In the end the design exceeded our expectations to the point we are working on IP and pushing forward with prototypes as fast as we can." --TRP International
"The quality of individuals on the team exceeded my expectations. And association with Purdue, an Ivy League of the Midwest, is good for our brand." --Endoplus
"I was impressed by the student’s technical abilities and school resources on hand. They were able to branch out into other engineering disciplines outside of their core ME and put together a working prototype. I was also pleasantly surprised by their project management skills. They conducted themselves professionally by running effective meetings and presentations. They understood that successful teams needed divisions of labor and good leadership. It was exciting for both parties and the students appreciated the chance to work on a product that was potentially impactful for patients and surgeons. --Intuitive Surgical
LOOK WHO HAS SPONSORED PROJECTS WITH PURDUE!
Contact us today to learn more!
Associate Director, Senior Design