Visit Us in Mechanical Engineering!
Undergraduate Office: Room 2008
Mechanical Engineering Building
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: (765) 494-5689
Fax: (765) 494-0051
Almost any student can tell you that visiting the campus will really help you get the feel of the place. We'd love to see you and we're happy to help you explore the School of Mechanical Engineering while you're here. Visit days, coordinated through the Undergraduate Office, are formal programs, offered in the afternoon, that allow you an opportunity to interact with an Academic Advisor. We will also set up a tour provided by one of our Ambassadors so you can experience the exciting things happening in Mechanical Engineering.
Purdue University is on Eastern Standard Time (EST) and observes Daylight Savings Time.
- Daily Admissions Tours (Select 8:30 AM choice - ME hosts prospective students in afternoon)
- Engineering Information Session (EIS)
Travel, parking, and maps
Where to stay
- There are several hotels within a mile or two of campus, including a Hilton and a Holiday Inn. On campus, you can stay at the Purdue University Union Club Hotel. There is a parking garage across from the Union Club Hotel.
- The Lafayette-West Lafayette Convention and Visitors Bureau lists not only places to stay the night, but also information about our community.
Visiting Mechanical Engineering
- PLEASE NOTE – We schedule afternoon visits and prefer 4-5 business days advance notification for us to accommodate your request.
- We schedule all prospective student visits in the afternoon for a couple reasons:
- Advisors use the morning hours to respond to emails and meet with current students so they are not available
- It is extremely beneficial for you to attend the 11:30 EIS session PRIOR to meeting with Mechanical Engineering
We offer an opportunity to meet with an Advisor and then one of our Ambassadors will provide a building tour. As you complete the form below to schedule your visit, include any special requests.
You may or may not be aware that there is no direct entry into the Mechanical Engineering program. Engineering students all start out in the First-Year Engineering Program: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/Academics/FirstYear
After their first year, they are eligible for admission to the professional schools by the following process: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/Academics/FirstYear/T2M