Professor of Mechanical Engineering, and Professor of Biomedical Engineering (by Courtesy)
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2188
- BS, Seoul National University, '93
- MS, Seoul National University, '96
- PhD, University of Minnesota, '01
- Biotransport phenomena
- Cell-fluid-matrix interaction
- 3D printing of soft materials
Awards and Recognitions
- Postdoctoral Traineeship Award, 2003, US DOD Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, 2008, National Science Foundation
- Richard Skalak Best Paper Award, 2010, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
- Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2013, US Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Faculty of Excellence Early Career Research Award, 2015, Purdue University
1. A. Ozcelikkale, H. Moon, M. Linnes, and B. Han, 2017, "In vitro models of tumor microenvironment for transport-oriented screening of drug delivery systems," WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnolgy, Vol. 9, e1460. (Selected for Cover Image, Top 20 most downloaded Papers)
2. J. Varennes, S. Fancher, B. Han, and A. Mugler, 2017, "Emergent versus individual-based multicellular chemotaxis," Physical Review Letters, vol. 119, 188101.
3. A. Ozcelikkale, K. Shin, V. Noe-Kim, B.E. Elzey, Z. Dong, J-T Zhang, K. Kim, I.C. Kwon, K. Park, and B. Han, 2017,"Differential response to doxorubicin in breast cancer subtypes simulated by a microfluidic tumor model," Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 9, pp. 129-139.
4. B. Han, C. Qu, K. Park, S. F. Konieczny and M. Korc, 2016, "Recapitulation of complex transport and action of drugs at tumor microenvironment using tumor-microenvironment-on-chip," Cancer Letters, vol. 380, pp.319-329.
5. B. Kwak, A. Ozcelikkale, C. S. Shin, K. Park, and B. Han, 2014, "Simulation of complex transport of nanoparticles around a tumor using tumor-microenvironment-on-chip,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 194, pp.157-167.
6. I. K. Kwon, S. C. Lee, B. Han and K. Park, 2012, "Analysis on the current status of targeted drug delivery to tumors," Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 164, pp.108-114.
7. S. Ghosh, W. L. Hanson, N. Abdollahzadeh, and B. Han, 2012, "Effects of light-tissue interaction on quantum dot mediated fluorescence thermometry," Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 23, 045704:1-13. (Selected for a special collection, the Highlights of 2011-2012, and its cover image)
8. K. Y. Teo, T. O. DeHoyos, J. C. Dutton, F. Grinnell, and B. Han, 2011, "Effects of freezing-induced cell-fluid-matrix interactions on the cells and extracellular matrix of engineered tissues," Biomaterials, vol. 32, pp.5380-5390.
9. B. Han, W. L. Hanson, K. Bensalah, A. Tuncel, J. M. Stern, and J. A. Cadeddu, 2009 "Development of quantum dot-mediated fluorescence thermometry for thermal therapies," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 37, pp.1230-1239. (Highlighted on Nanotech News of National Cancer Institute (NCI) Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer)
10. B. Han, J. D. Miller, and J. K. Jung, 2009, "Freezing-induced fluid-matrix interaction in poroelastic material," Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, vol. 131, 021002. (Selected for Richard Skalak Best Paper Award)