Jong Hyun Choi
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: WANG 4177
- B.S., Yonsei University, '99
- M.S., Yonsei University, '01
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, '05
- DNA nanotechnology
- Advanced materials
Awards and Recognitions
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2022
- Guest Professorship, Technical University of Munich, Germany, 2022
- ASME Fellow, 2018
- Perry Academic Excellence Scholar, 2016
- NAE German-American Frontiers of Engineering, 2015
- ASEE Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2013
- Discovery in Mechanical Engineering Award, 2012
- NAE Frontiers of Engineering Education, 2012
- NSF CAREER Award, 2011
- Shen Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2006
- Clyde Sanfred Johnson Memorial Fellowship, 2005
- AWMA Scholarship, 2004
R. Li, H. Chen, and J.H. Choi, "Auxetic Two-Dimensional Nanostructures from DNA," Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 60, 7165-7173 (2021).
J. Ji, C.M. Delehey, D.N. Houpt, M.K. Heighway, T. Lee, and J.H. Choi, "Selective Chemical Modulation of Interlayer Excitons in Atomically Thin Heterostructures," Nano Letters, 20, 2500-2506 (2020).
J. Pan, Y. Du, H. Qiu, L.R. Upton, F. Li, and J.H. Choi, "Mimicking Chemotactic Cell Migration with DNA Programmable Synthetic Vesicles," Nano Letters, 19, 9138-9144 (2019).
J. Pan, T.G. Cha, F. Li, H. Chen, N.A. Bragg, and J.H. Choi, "Visible/Near-Infrared Subdiffraction Imaging Reveals the Stochastic Nature of DNA Walkers," Science Advances, 3, e1601600 (2017).
H. Chen, H. Zhang, J. Pan, T.G. Cha, S. Li, J. Andreasson, and J.H. Choi, "Dynamic and Progressive Control of DNA Origami Conformation by Modulating DNA Helicity with Chemical Adducts," ACS Nano, 10, 4989-4996 (2016).
J. Choi, H. Zhang, and J.H. Choi, "Modulating Optoelectronic Properties of 2D Transition Metal Dichalcogenides by Photo-induced Charge Transfer," ACS Nano, 10, 1671-1680 (2016).
J. Choi, H. Chen, F. Li, L. Yang, S.N. Kim, R. Naik, P. Ye, and J.H. Choi, "Nanomanufacturing of 2-D Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Materials Using Self-Assembled DNA Nanotubes," Small, 11, 5520-5527 (2015).
T.G. Cha, J. Pan, H. Chen, H.N. Robinson, X. Li, C. Mao, and J.H. Choi, "Design Principles of DNA Enzyme-based Walkers: Translocation Kinetics and Photoregulation," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137, 9429-9437 (2015).
H. Chen, T.W. Weng, M.M. Riccitelli, Y. Cui, J. Irudayaraj, and J.H. Choi, "Understanding the Mechanical Properties of DNA Origami Tiles and Controlling the Kinetics of their Folding and Unfolding Reconfiguration," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 136, 6995-7005 (2014).
T.G. Cha, J. Pan, H. Chen, J. Salgado, X. Li, C. Mao, and J.H. Choi, "A Synthetic DNA Motor That Transports Nanoparticles along Carbon Nanotubes," Nature Nanotechnology, 9, 39-43 (2014).
Full list at Google Scholar