Associate Professor Of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: BRK 1262
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2008
- M.S. University of Dayton, 2005
- B.S. University of Dayton, 2003
- Thermal Physics ... Heat Moving Energy
- Spectroscopy ... "Seeing" energy with light
- Nanophotonics ... Pushing light to see more
- 2D Materials ... Creating functionality by losing dimension
Awards and Recognitions
- 2017, 2019 R&D 100 Award Team member
- 2016 Sandia "Up and Coming" Innovator Award
- 2014 Defense Program Award of Excellence
- Cover article or "Editor's Choice" in: Review of Scientific Instruments, Journal of Applied Physics, Nanoscale, Advanced Optical Materials, and Journal of Materials Chemistry
A. Jarzembski M. Goldflam, I. Ruiz, A. Siddiqui, T. Beechem. Enhancing graphene plasmonic device performance via its dielectric environment. Physical Review Applied (14) 3 034044. 2020.
C. Saltonstall , Z. McClure , M. Abere, D. Guzman, S. Reeve, A. Strachan, P. Kotula, D. Adams, and T. Beechem. Complexion dictated thermal resistance with interface density in reactive metal multilayers. Physical Review B (101) 245422. 2020.
M. Goldflam I. Ruiz, S. Howell, A. Tauke-Pedretti, E. Anderson, J. Wendt, P. Finnegan, S. Hawkins, W. Coon, T. Fortune, E. Shaner, C. Kadlec, J. Olesberg, J. Klem, P. Webster, M. Sinclair, J. K. Kim, D. Peters, and T. E. Beechem. Monolithically fabricated tunable long-wave infrared detectors based on dynamic graphene metasurfaces. Applied Physics Letters (116) 191102. 2020.
T. Beechem, C. Saltonstall , T. Gilbert , J. Matson F. Ugwu, R. Kasica, F. Bezares, J. Valentine, J. Caldwell. Influence of spatial dispersion on spectral tuning of phonon-polaritons. Physical Review B (100) 20. 205419. 2019.
T. Beechem, A. McDonald, E. Fuller, A. Talin, C. Rost, J-P. Maria, J. Gaskins, P. Hopkins. Size Dictated Thermal Conductivity of GaN. Journal of Applied Physics (120) 095104. 2016.