Anil K. Bajaj
Alpha P. Jamison Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2007A
- B.Tech. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, '73
- M.S. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, '76
- Ph.D. Minnesota, '81
- Modeling of nonlinear systems
- Structural dynamics and localization
- Flow-induced vibrations
- Impacting systems
- Bifurcations and chaos
Awards and Recognitions
- Alpha P. Jamison Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, December 2009
- 2009 "Mentorship" Award, Faculty Excellence Awards, College of Engineering, Purdue University, Spring 2009.
- 2009 "Team" Award, Faculty Excellence Awards, College of Engineering, Purdue University, Spring 2009.
- "Provost's Award for Outstanding Graduate Mentors", Purdue Graduate School, Spring 2006.
- 2002 Ruth and Joel Spira Award for Excellence in Service, School of Mechanical Engineering
- ASME - Fellow
Wang, Fengxia* and Bajaj, Anil, K., “Adomian Decomposition Method Applied to Nonlinear Normal Modes of an Inertially Coupled Conservative System”, Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 14, No. 1-2, 2008, pp. 107-134.
Vyas, A.*, Peroulis, D. and Bajaj, A.K., “Dynamics of a Nonlinear Microresonator Based on Resonantly Interacting Flexural-Torsional Modes”, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 54, 2008, pp. 31-52.
Ippili, R.*, Davies, P., Bajaj, A.K., and Hagenmeyer, “Nonlinear Multi-Body Dynamic Modeling of Seat-Occupant System with Polyurethane Seat and H-Point Prediction”, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 38, No. 5-6, 2008, pp. 368-383.
Bidkar, Rahul*, Raman, Arvind and Bajaj, Anil K., “Aeroelastic Stability of Wide Webs and Narrow Ribbons”, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 75, July 2008, pp. 041023-1- 9.
Wang, Fengxia* and Bajaj, Anil K., "On the Formal Equivalence of Normal Form Theory and the Multiple Time Scales Method," ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 4, April 2009, pp. 021005-1-11.
Vyas, A.*, Peroulis, D. and Bajaj, A.K., "A Microresonator Design Based on Nonlinear 1:2 Internal Resonance in Flexural Structural Modes", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 18, June 2009, pp. 744-762.
Bidkar, Rahul A.*, Kimber, Mark, Raman, Arvind, Bajaj, Anil K. and Garimella, Suresh V., "Nonlinear Aerodynamic Damping of Sharp-edged Flexible Beams Oscillating at Low Keagulen-Carpenter Numbers", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 634, 2009, pp. 269-289.
Huang, Jinchun*, Krousgrill, Charles M. and Bajaj, Anil K., "An Efficient Approach to Estimate Critical Value of Friction Coefficient and Sensitivity Analysis for Brake Squeal", International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 51, Numbers 1-2, 2009, pp. 21-38.
Wang, Fengxia* and Bajaj, Anil K., "Nonlinear Dynamics of a Three-Beam-Tip-Mass Structure with Various Three-mode Interactions", Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 62, 2010, pp. 461-484.
Joshi, Gauri A.*, Bajaj, Anil K. and Davies, Patricia, “Whole-body Vibratory Response Study using a Nonlinear Multi-Body Model of Seat Occupant System with Viscoelastic Flexible Polyurethane Foam”, Industrial Health, Vol. 48, 2010, pp. 663-674.