New Graduate Student To-Do List
Welcome to Purdue! We want to make sure you don't miss a thing as you transition into being a graduate student. Pay close attention to the calendar, and watch for these things:
- Please make sure you have your Purdue Career Account set up (it will ask for your 10 digit PUID number, which is found on your admission letter).
- International Students Only – Arrive and check in with International Students and Scholars (ISS) after August 11. You must sign up for a WOW! session on-line. You should have received an email with a link to sign up. THIS IS REQUIRED. You will not be issued a Purdue ID card until you attend a WOW! Session.
- Report to the Purdue ID Card Office to get your Purdue I.D. (Hovde Hall, ground floor, Room 14)
- Access your PIN by visiting http://engineering.purdue.edu/BannerPIN
- Contact your Temporary Advisor/Major Professor for suggested courses. (can be done by email before arriving)
- Register for classes in ME Grad Office. (can be done by email before arriving) Full-time status requires 8 hours of registration (12 hours, if you are funded).
- Attend the Mechanical Engineering New Graduate Student Orientation meetings the week of August 14-18, 2017. (Full schedule available here)
Have your photo taken by Mike Black! Take advantage of this free service to get a professional headshot, for use in job hunting and academic publicity.
Monday, August 14 - Thursday, August 17: 9:00-11:30am and 2:00-4:00pm, Room ME2042
Please do not wear T-shirts or caps/hats.
Let us know if you have any questions!
ME Graduate Office
585 Purdue Mall (Room 1005)
West Lafayette, IN 47907