Visiting Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- Ph.D. University of California - San Diego, '02
- M.S. University of California - San Diego, '99
- B.Tech. IIT Madras, '96
- Nonlinear filtering, prediction and control (analysis and synthesis)
- Adaptive control
- Dynamic optimization
- Wireless network performance quantification
- Safety verification of hybrid systems
- Pulsed detonation engines
- Formation flight
- Cellular telephony
- Gas turbine health monitoring sensing and actuation systems
- GPS receivers
- Integrated surveillance systems
- Control over networks
Awards and Recognitions
- SAE Power Systems Conference Outstanding Paper Award, 2004
- Honeywell Technical Achievement Award, 2003
- Marquis' Who's Who in America, 2007-present
- Marquis' Who's Who in the World, 2008-present
- Marquis' Who's Who in Science, 2008-present
- Guest seminar - Optimum seeking, Varian Semiconductor, 2009
- Invited lecture - Energy management, Lehigh University, Mechanical Engineering, 2010
- Invited lecture - Sensing for Navigation, Texas A&M, Aerospace Engineering, 2010
- IEEE-CSS Technical Committee on Power Generation Invited, 2011
Ten Select Publications
"Stabilizing the Smart Grid: Solutions for Supply-Demand Imbalances," Q. Luo, K. B. Ariyur, and A. K. Mathur, submitted to Energy Economics, January 2011.
"Navigation with Natural Signals: Potential, Results and Challenges," I. A. G. Laureyns, G. Sharma, and K. B. Ariyur, submitted to the Journal Navigation, October 2010.
"UAVs and Control," K. O. C. Fregene, K. A. Wise, and K. B. Ariyur, submitted to the special issue of the IEEE Control Systems Magazine on UAV control, August 2010.
"A Nonlinear Hybrid Life Support System: Dynamic Modeling, Control Design, and Safety Verification," S. Glavaski, D. Subramanian, K. B. Ariyur, R. Ghosh, N. Lamba, A. Papachristodoulou, IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, vol. 15, pp. 1003-1017, 2007.
"An Adaptive Algorithm for Control of Combustion Instability", A. Banaszuk, K. B. Ariyur, M. Krstic, C. A. Jacobson, Automatica, vol. 14, pp. 1965-1972, 2004.
"Slope Seeking: A Generalization of Extremum Seeking," K. B. Ariyur and M. Krstic, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 18, pp. 1-22, 2004.
"Aeroengine Prognostics via Local Linear Smoothing, Filtering and Prediction, " K. B. Ariyur and J. Jelinek, SAE Transactions, Journal of Aerospace, vol. 113, pp. 1773-1780, 2004.
"Tailored Fuel Injection for Pulsed Detonation Engines via Feedback Control," A. Aliseda, K. B. Ariyur, O. Sarrazin , J. C. Lasheras, M. Krstic, AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, vol. 19, pp. 917-921, 2003.
"Formation Flight Optimization using Extremum Seeking Feedback", P. Binetti, K. B. Ariyur, M. Krstic, F. Bernelli, AIAA Journal on Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 26, pp. 132-142, 2003.
"Extremum Seeking Control for Discrete-Time Systems," J. Y. Choi, M. Krstic, K. B. Ariyur, J. S. Lee, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, pp. 318-323, 2002.