Martin Byung-Guk Jun
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 3061D
- B.A.Sc, University of British Columbia, 1998
- M.A.Sc, University of British Columbia, 2000
- Ph.D., University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- Advanced multi-scale manufacturing
- Ultrafast laser machining and processing
- Fiber optic sensors and environmental monitoring
- Spray-based nanoparticle coating and additive manufacturing
- Machining of carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites
Fundamental Research Area(s)
Awards and Recognitions
- International Conference on Manufacturing Technology Engineers Best Paper Award 2016
- AKCSE Research Day Program Award in Engineering 2016
- Honorable Mention Paper Award at 11th International Conference on Micro-Manufacturing 2016
- Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers (KSMTE) Damwoo Award 2015
- Poster Award at 31st International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society 2015
- Podium Presentation Award at 31st Annual Meeting of the Canadian Biomaterials Society 2014
- 3rd place at 5th International R&D Brokerage Event in Turkish Textile and Clothing 2013
- Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineering I.W. Smith Award for Outstanding Achievements 2012
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers Richard L. Kegg Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award 2011
Saad, Akram, Y. Cho, F. Ahmed, and M.B.G. Jun, "Numerical Approach to Modeling and Characterization of Refractive Index Changes and a Long Period Grating Fabricated by Femtosecond Laser," Materials, vol. 9, pp. 941, 2016.
Ahmed, F., V. Ahsani, L. Melo, P. Wild, and M.B.G. Jun, "Miniaturized Tapered Photonic Crystal Fiber Mach-Zehnder Interferometer for Enhanced Refractive Index Sensing," IEEE Sensors, vol. 16, pp. 8761-8766, 2016.
Agbay, A., J. Edgar, M. Robinson, T. Styan, K. Wilson, J. Schroll, J. Ko, N.K. Mohtaram, M.B.G. Jun, and S. Willerth, "Biomaterial Strategies for Delivering Stem Cells as a Treatment for Spinal Cord Injury," Cells Tissues Organs, vol. 202, pp. 42051, 2016.
Rukosuyev, M., O. Barannyk, P. Oshkai, and M.B.G. Jun, "Design and Application of Nanoparticle Coating System with Decoupled Particle Generation and Deposition Control," Journal of Coatings Technology and Research, vol. 13, pp. 769-779, 2016.
Ahmed, F., V. Ahsani, A. Saad, and M.B.G. Jun, "Bragg Grating Embedded in Mach-Zehnder Interferometer for Refractive Index and Temperature Sensing," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 28, pp. 1968-1971, 2016.
Bayesteh, A., J. Ko, and M.B.G. Jun, "Micro Flat End Milling Simulation Model with Instantaneous Ploughing Volume Prediction," ASME Journal of Micro and Nano Manufacturing, vol. 4, pp. 021004, 2016.
Esmaeilirad, A., M. Rukosuyev, M.B.G. Jun, and F.C.J.M. van Veggel, "A Cost-effective Method to Create Physically and Thermally Stable and Storable Super-hydrophobic Aluminum Alloy Surfaces," Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 285, pp. 227-234, 2015.
Mohtaram, N., J. Ko, A. Agbay, D. Rattray, P. O'Neill, A. Rajwani, R. Vansandani, H. Thu, M.B.G. Jun, and S. Willerth, "Development of a Glial Cell-Derived Neurotrophic Factor-Releasing Artificial Dura for Neural Tissue Engineering Applications," Journal of Materials Chemistry B, vol. 3, pp. 7974-7985, 2015.
Burton, G., L. Melo, S. Warwick, M.B.G. Jun, B. Bao, D. Sinton, and P. Wild, "Fiber Refractometer to Detect and Distinguish Carbon Dioxide and Methane Leakage in the Deep Ocean," International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, vol. 31, pp. 41-47, 2014.
Rukosuyev, M., J. Lee, S.J. Cho, G. Lim, and M.B.G. Jun, "One-step Fabrication of Superhydrophobic Hierarchical Structures by Femtosecond Laser Ablation," Applied Surface Science, vol. 313, pp. 411-417, 2014.