Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- Shapiro Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, '10
- Ph.D., University of California Irvine, '09
- M.S., University of California Irvine, '05,
- B.S., Sharif University of Technology, '03
- Fluid dynamics
- Biofluid dynamics
- Multiphase flows
- Non-Newtonian fluid dynamics
- Complex fluids
Awards and Recognitions
- NSF CAREER award, 2012
- Faculty for the Future grant, Schlumberger Foundation, 2010
- Shapiro Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2009
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Award, 2007
- Society of Women Engineers Fellowship, 2007
- Technical Innovation Award at 16th AAAI Robotic Competition, 2002
Ten Select Publications
A. Doostmohammadi, S. Dabiri, A.M. Ardekani "A numerical study of the dynamics of a particle settling at moderate Reynolds numbers in a linearly stratified fluid," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 750, 5-32, 2014.
A. Karimi, A.M. Ardekani "Gyrotactic bioconvection at pycnoclines," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 773, 245-267, 2013.
A. Karimi, S.H. Yazdi, A.M. Ardekani "Hydrodynamic mechanisms of cell and particle trapping in microfluidics," Biomicrofluidics, 7, 021501, 2013.
S.H. Yazdi, A.M. Ardekani "Bacteria aggregation and biofilm formation in a vortical flow," Biomicrofluidics, 6, 044114, 2012.
A. Doostmohammadi, R. Stocker, A.M. Ardekani "Low Reynolds number swimming at pycnoclines," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109, 10, 3856-3861, 2012.
A.M. Ardekani, V. Sharma, G.H. McKinley, "Dynamics of bead formation, filament thinning, and breakup in weakly viscoelastic jets," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 665, 46-56, 2010.
A.M. Ardekani, R. Stocker, "Stratlets: low Reynolds number point-force solutions in a stratified fluid," Physical Review Letters, Volume 105, 084502, 2010.
A.M. Ardekani, D.D. Joseph, "Instability of stationary liquid sheets," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 106, 13, 4992-4996, 2009.
A.M. Ardekani, S. Dabiri, R.H. Rangel, "Collision of multi-particle and general shape objects in a viscous fluid," Journal of Computational Physics, 227, 10094-10107, 2008.
A.M. Ardekani, R.H. Rangel, D.D. Joseph, "Motion of a sphere normal to a wall in second-order fluid," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 587, 163-172, 2007.