Candidate Checklist for
NON-THESIS ONLINE MASTER’S DEGREE
It is your responsibility to make sure all degree requirements have been met, before filing for candidacy. Registering for candidacy 3 times in a row attracts a fee of $200 from the Purdue Graduate School.
To help review if all degree requirements have been met, please check against the list below:
- Cumulative GPA is at least 2.85
Plan of study is updated with required courses for your degree, and is complete:
- Minimum of 30 credits of graduate level coursework (500- and 600- level) that are technical and quantitative-in-content
- Includes 3 credit hours from the Math (MA) department
- Incudes another 3 credit hours from Math or an approved applied math course.
- Includes no more than 6 credit hours of independent study
- Includes 15 credit hours from ME (outside of any used to meet math requirements)
- Includes 9 credit hours of tech electives (from within or from outside ME)
- Register as CAND 991 in the scheduling assistant before the end of the first week of classes.
ME Graduate Office
585 Purdue Mall (Room 1003)
West Lafayette, IN 47907