Jitesh H. Panchal
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2192
- Ph.D. (ME), Georgia Institute of Technology, '05
- M.S. (ME), Georgia Institute of Technology, '03
- B.Tech. (ME), Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, '00
- Computational Design of Socio-Technical Systems
- Secure Design and Manufacturing
- Engineering Design by Self-Organized Virtual Communities
- Integrated Products and Materials Design
Awards and Recognitions
- Guest Associate Editor Award (2019), ASME Journal of Mechanical Design (JMD).
- Named one of the Most Impactful Faculty Inventors in Fiscal Year 2019 by Purdue Engineering and Office of Technology Commercialization.
- Ruth and Joel Spira Award (2018), School of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University.
- B.F.S. Schaefer Outstanding Young Faculty Scholar Award (2017-2019), School of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University.
- Best paper award at the ASME iDETC conference (2016).
- NSF CAREER Award (2010).
- Robert E. Fulton SEIKM Best Paper Award at the ASME Computers and Information in Engineering (CIE) conference, 2013.
- Reid Miller Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award by the College of Engineering and Architecture (CEA), 2012, Washington State University, Pullman, WA.
- Teaching Excellence Award, 2011, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA.
- Young Engineer Award, 2010 ASME Computers and Information in Engineering Division.
- Robert E. Fulton EIM Best Paper Award at the ASME Computers and Information in Engineering (CIE) conference, 2004.
- University Silver Medal, 2000, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati.
McDowell, D. L., Panchal, J. H., Choi, H.-J., Seepersad, C. C., Allen, J. K., and Mistree, F., 2009, Integrated Design of Multiscale, Multifunctional Materials and Products, Elsevier. ISBN: 9781856176620.
Panchal, J. H., 2009, "Agent-Based Modeling of Mass-Collaborative Product Development Processes," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 3, (031007)1-12. DOI: 10.1115/1.3184605
Le, Q. and Panchal, J. H., 2012, "Analysis of the Interdependent Co-evolution of Product Structures and Community Structures Using Dependency Modeling Techniques," Journal of Engineering Design (special issue on Dependency Modeling in Complex System Design), Vol. 23, Nos. 10-11, pp. 804-825. DOI: 10.1080/09544828.2012.695014
Panchal, J. H., Kalidindi, S. R., McDowell, D. L., 2013, "Key Computational Modeling Issues in Integrated Computational Materials Engineering," Journal of Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 4-25. DOI: 10.1016/j.cad.2012.06.006
Sha, Z., Kannan, K.N. and Panchal, J.H., 2015, "Behavioral Experimentation and Game Theory in Engineering Systems Design," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 137, No. 5, 051405. DOI: 10.1115/1.4029767.
Thekinen, J.T., and Panchal, J.H., 2017, "Resource Allocation in Cloud-based Design and Manufacturing: A Mechanism Design Approach," Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 327-338. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmsy.2016.08.005
Dachowicz, A., Chaduvula, S.C., Atallah, M., Panchal, J.H., 2017, "Microstructure-based Counterfeit Detection in Metal Part Manufacturing", JOM: The Journal of the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, Vol. 69, No. 11, pp. 2390-2396. DOI: 10.1007/s11837-017-2502-8.
Chaitanya, C.S., Atallah, M., and Panchal, J.H., 2018, "Secure Co-design: Achieving Optimality without Revealing," ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, 021007. DOI: 10.1115/1.4039431.
Shergadwala, M., Bilionis, I., Kannan, K., and Panchal, J.H., 2018, "Quantifying the Impact of Domain Knowledge and Problem Framing on Sequential Decisions in Engineering Design", ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 140, No. 10, 101402. DOI: 10.1115/1.4040548.
Chaudhari, A.M., Bilionis, I., and Panchal, J.H., 2020, "Descriptive Models of Sequential Decisions in Engineering Design: An Experimental Study," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 142, No. 8, 081704. DOI: 10.1115/1.4045605.
Dachowicz, A., Atallah, M., and Panchal, J.H., 2020, "Extraction and Analysis of Spatial Correlation Micrograph Features for Traceability in Manufacturing," ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 5, 051004. DOI: 10.1115/1.4046891