Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 3061H, HLAB 1002
- B.S., Clemson University, ‘02
- M.S., Clemson University, ‘04
- Ph.D., Clemson University, ‘09
- Vibrations and nonlinear dynamics
- Smart material systems
- Non-pneumatic tires
- Optimization of mechanical systems
- Additive manufacturing
Fundamental Research Area(s)
Awards and Recognitions
- Highly Commended 2011 Emerald Engineering Outstanding Doctoral Award, Emerald Literati Network, (January 2012)
- Outstanding Paper Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2011 "Effect of Height to Width Ratio on the Dynamics of Ultrasonic Consolidation", Emerald Literati Network (April 2011)
- South East Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Fellow, National Science Foundation, (2008)
- Endowed Teaching Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering at Clemson University (2005)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Graduate Student, Department of Mechanical Engineering Clemson University (2004)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship, National Science Foundation (2004-2008)
- South Carolina Graduate Incentive Fellowship, Clemson University (2004)
- Technical Excellence in Research, National Textile Center (2003)
- South Carolina Life Scholarship (1998-2001)
- Coca-Cola Clemson Scholar, Coca Cola Company (1997-2001)
Daemi N., Henning S., Gibert, J. , Yuya P., Ahamdi, G., "On Generalized Rolling of Golf balls considering an Offset Center of Mass and Rolling Resistance: A Study of Putting", Sports Engineering (accepted).
Batt G., Gibert, J., Daqaq M., "Primary Resonance Behavior of a Nonlinear, Viscoelastic Model of Expanded Polymer Cushion Material", Packaging Technology and Science, Vol. 28 (8), 694-709, (2015).
Gibert J. M., Batt G, "Impact Oscillator Prediction of Dynamic Cushion Curve for Open Cell Foams", Packaging Technology and Science, Vol. 28(8), 227-239, (2015).
Batt, G., Gibert, J., Daqaq M., "Reduced-Order Modeling of the Linear Vibration Response of Expanded Poly Cushion Material", Packaging Technology and Science, Vol. 28 (8), 59-74, (2015).
Lee V., Gibert, J.M., Ziergert J., "Hybrid Bi-Directional Flexure Joint", Precision Engineering, Volume 38, Issue 2, Pages 270-278, April 2014.
Gibert, J. M., Daqaq M., Fadel G., "On the Stick-Slip Dynamics in Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing", Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 332, (2013).
Gibert, J.M., Ananthasayanam B., Joseph, P. F., Ryhne, T.B., Cron, S.M., "Deformation Index Based Modeling of Transient Thermo-Mechanical Rolling Resistances for a Non-Pneumatic Tire", Tire Science and Technology, Vol. 44(6), (2013).
Czech, C. Guarneri P., Gibert, J, Fadel G., "On the accurate analysis of linear elastic meta-material properties for use in design optimization problems", Composites Science & Technology, Vol. 72 (5), pg. 580-586 (2012).
Gibert J. M., Austin E.M., Fadel G., "Effect of Height to Width Ratio on the Dynamics of Ultrasonic Consolidation", Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 16(4), pg. 284-294 (2010).
Gibert J. M., Austin E.M., "Demonstration of Optimizing Piezoelectric Polarization in the Design of a Flextensional Actuator", Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol. 33(6), pg. 471-480. (2007).