Jay P. Gore
Reilly University Chair Professor of Engineering and Associate Head for Graduate Studies
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- B.E. University of Poona, '78
- M.S. Penn State, '82
- Ph.D. Penn State, '86
- Post Doctoral Certificate, University of Michigan, '87
- Sustainable energy and environment
- Combustion and turbulent reacting flows
- Combustion and heat transfer in materials
- Biomedical flows and heat transfer
- Global policy research
Awards and Recognitions
- Jefferson Science and Technology Fellow, Office of Special Representative for Global Inter Governmental Affairs, U. S. State Department, 2010-11.
- Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2009.
- 2007 Global Employer of the Year Award (IAESTE) Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) program.
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), 2006.
- Academic Leadership Program Fellow, Council on Institutional Cooperation, 2005.
- Reilly University Chair Professor, Purdue University, 2000.
- U. S. Department of Energy Advanced Gas Turbine Faculty Fellowship, 1998.
- Japanese Ministry of Education Faculty Fellowship, 1998.
- The Presidential Young Investigator Award 1991.
- Best Paper in the 1987 Archival Heat-Transfer Literature Award, A. S. M. E.
- First rank among 120 students at B.E. examination and Gold Medal, Poona University.
- Wanson Thermax Inc. Prize for best senior home paper in heat transfer, Poona University, 1978.
Ten Select Publications
S. Basu, Y. Zheng, and J. P. Gore, “An Experimental Study of Neat and Ionic-Liquid Aided Ammonia Borane Thermolysis,” J. Power Sources, PDF, 196 (2011), pp. 734-740
A. Brockman, Y. Zheng and J. P. Gore, “A Study of Catalytic Hydrolysis of Ammonia Borane Solutions,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 35: pp. 7350-7356 (2011).
S. Basu, Zheng, Y., Varma A., Delgass W. N., and Gore J. P., “Catalytic hydrolysis of ammonia borane: intrinsic parameter estimation and validation,” J. Power Sources, PDF, 195 (2010), pp. 1957-1963.
Yu, H., Wang, Q., Ileleji, K., Yu, C., Luo, Z., Cen K., and Gore J. P., Design and Analysis of Geographic Distribution of Receiving Stations and Biomass Power Plant in China. Part 1: Straight-line Transport, Biomass and Bioenergy, accepted for publication (2011).
Yu, H., Wang, Q., Ileleji, K., Yu, C., Luo, Z., Cen K., and Gore J. P., Design and Analysis of Geographic Distribution of Receiving Stations and Biomass Power Plant in China. Part 2: Road Transport, Biomass and Bioenergy, revised 2011.
Schuff M., J. P. Gore, and E. Nauman, “A Mixture theory analysis of fluid and solute transport in the microvasculature of normal and malignant breast tissues- I: theory, II: model formulation and calibration, III: demonstration case studies,” Journal of Biomedical Engineering, submitted, 2010, revised 2011.
Krishnan, S. S., Saini, M. K., Zheng, Y., and Gore J. P., “Radiation Properties of Oxygen Enhanced Normal and Inverse Diffusion Flames,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, in press (2011).
Blunck D. L. and J. P. Gore, “A Study of Narrow Band Radiation Intensity Measurements from Subsonic Exhaust Plumes,” AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 27, No. 1, 2011, 227-235.
Mathew P. Thariyan, Aizaz H Bhuiyan, Scott E Meyer, Sameer V Naik, Jay P Gore and Robert P Lucht, “Dual-pump coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering system for temperature and species measurements in an optically accessible high-pressure gas turbine combustor facility,” 2011 Meas. Sci. Technol. 22, pp. 15301-15313, 2011.
Thariyan, M. P., Ananthanarayanan, V., Bhuiyan A. H., Naik, S. V., Gore J. P., and Lucht R. P., “Dual-Pump CARS Temperature and Major Species Measurements in Counter-Flow Methane Flames Using Narrowband Pump and Broadband Stokes Lasers,” Combustion and Flame, 157 (2010) 1390-9.