COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information for Purdue ME students, staff, and faculty
Purdue's comprehensive COVID-19 (coronavirus) response page
PHONE LINE: Got questions about how COVID-19 affects your housing, financial aid, remote learning or anything else? The Purdue COVID-19 Information Center, 765-496-INFO (4636), is staffed 8a to 8p, Mon-Fri.
How do I teach remotely?
Impact on research
Current and newly admitted graduate students
We are beginning the process of re-opening the ME building for summer research, and eventually for fall classes. Anyone who plans to operate in the ME building during the summer must follow the guidelines being put in place:
- Face coverings are required in all Purdue buildings.
- If you feel sick, do not come to the ME building.
- Practice social distancing by keeping 6 feet apart, and de-densify spaces like conference rooms, elevators, and hallways.
- When using touchscreens in public spaces (like printers or microwaves), use provided wax paper slips to touch these shared objects.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently, and wash your hands often.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest policies at protect.purdue.edu.
- All labs must have a Standard Operating Procedure in place, and have taken a quiz to verify. All safety information and training can be found here.
Questions? Contact Mike Logan: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SOP for the ME student machine shop has been approved and we have gotten most of the pieces in place to re-open the shop for use. To allow for proper social distancing, the shop will operate on an appointment basis. Users will send e-mail to the shop with information on what work they wish to accomplish. The shop staff will schedule a time for that student to then come in and make use of the shop. The Shop will NOT be open for walk-in use. Only prearranged appointments will be allowed.
If you or your students need to use the Project Machine Shop (G039/G042), please send e-mail to: email@example.com
Please indicate what type of work you wish to do in the machine shop and the shop staff will confirm details and work to schedule a time for you in the shop. Please note: Students will need to review and sign several SOP's for using the shop. Users must also be current in the ME Building COVID SOP agreement and have completed the REM/Successfactors COVID training.