Alex Finch and his team used various Purdue resources to take them to the top of business plan competitions and ultimately launch Tri-D Dynamics LLC, a company with novel manufacturing applications such as 3-D printing electronics into structures. Learn more about his journey in this profile.
Do you have an idea or research that can be turned into intellectual property? See how Purdue’s resources can help you go “One Brick Higher” to commercialize your discoveries!
- Purdue University is a global leader in embracing innovation. Our faculty, staff and students are some of the most prolific in developing and commercializing life-changing discoveries.
- The Purdue Foundry is an entrepreneurship and startup accelerator in Discovery Park’s Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Where concepts become companies — The Purdue Foundry exists to help Purdue students, faculty and local alumni move ideas to the marketplace more quickly. Visit The Purdue Foundry to learn more about entrepreneurship at Purdue.
- Where disciplines converge to solve global challenges.
- Learn more about how your innovation can have an impact with Purdue’s technology transfer programs and intellectual property resources.
- Supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation, the Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Site provides programs and courses that educate, support and connect faculty and graduate students in science, technology, engineering, and management researchers to the customers and markets for their technologies and inventions.
- The ELA is a fun professional development program designed for strongly motivated faculty who have an interest in understanding the commercialization possibilities for their research, learning, or engagement activities. Most faculty wouldn’t consider themselves entrepreneurs, but many of the skills are similar. As a faculty (entrepreneur): you run your own small group (company), you hire graduate students (employees), you write grants (raise funding), and you need to pitch your ideas to administrators (investors).
- Fostering Entrepreneurship: Idea to Impact — Purdue Engineering is a thriving launch pad for entrepreneurship. Collaborating with industry partners, we offer mutually beneficial opportunities for students, faculty and alumni to turn laboratory innovations into high-impact business ventures.
- Visit Innovation — College of Engineering for more information regarding the College of Engineering’s commitment to innovation and impact.