Apply today for a travel grant to present your research!
Conference Travel Grants
This program provides support to engineering Ph.D. candidates and postdoc researchers traveling to professional conferences to present papers on their research.
In conjunction with the Spring protect Purdue travel guidelines see website here, the College of Engineering conference travel grant program has reopened for travel to domestic and international conferences.
Benefits and Goals
- Reimbursement of up to $500 for the conference trip
- Network with potential collaborators, sponsors, and employers
- Share your conference experiences with fellow graduate students
- You must be a College of Engineering graduate student or postdoc.
- You must have passed your preliminary exam or are scheduled to take your preliminary exam prior to attending the conference.
- You must be presenting a paper at the conference at least two months before your graduation date.
Note: the last two bullet points are for graduate students
How to Apply
- You must submit the Request for Conference Travel Funds form (PDF) at least 2 weeks prior to the conference.
- Forms must be completed electronically.
- Your signature and the graduate chair’s signature are required on the form.
- You must submit the form to in the following manner:
- Email your Request for Conference Travel Funds form as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write "Conference Travel Grant Request" in the subject line.
- Travel grants will be awarded to Ph.D. candidates and postdocs for conferences until funds are exhausted.
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of information provided on the request form with the following constraints:
- The number of travel grants per school will be roughly proportional to the size of the school’s Ph.D. or postdoc program.
- No more than two students and one postdoc from any one advisor’s group will receive travel grants in a calendar year.
- No student will receive funds to attend more than one conference.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Within one week after returning from the conference, you must complete the “Report on Conference Travel” form which will be e-mailed to you as an attachment upon grant approval.
- Forms must be completed electronically. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- You must deliver the form in the following way:
Email email@example.com with any questions about this grant. Write "Conference Travel Grant Question" in the subject line.