Chemical Engineering Professional Master's Program
The Professional Master’s Program (PMP) provides students from both chemical engineering and non-chemical engineering undergraduate backgrounds the opportunity to supplement their education with a curriculum that prepares them for success in industry. The PMP provides students with the technical skills they would acquire in a traditional MS program, while also developing skills needed in industry, such as leadership and management skills, business and financial skills, oral and written communications, teamwork, and defining and managing projects.
12-Month Program: Students take a combination of advanced technical and management courses, earning a Master’s of Science in Chemical Engineering.
Specially Tailored Coursework: Students choose from 6 concentration areas to gain specialized knowledge suited to their interests and goals.
Real-World Problem Solving and Innovation: Students work with industry leaders and our world-renowned faculty on a 6-credit hour capstone project.
Advanced Professional Development Programs: Students receive one-on-one counseling and career development to prepare for success at Purdue and beyond.
Career Catalyzation: Most graduates enter careers in diverse fields, often on advanced leadership tracks, while some students pursue further education, such as a PhD or MBA.
Why choose a Professional Master's in Chemical Engineering?
- Increased Employment Opportunities: A professional master’s degree is specifically for students planning to work in industry. The program provides students with the technical skills they would acquire in a traditional MS program, but also develops skills needed in industry, such as leadership and management skills, business and financial skills, oral and written communications, teamwork, and defining and managing projects.
- Increased Earning Potential: Our graduates report an average starting salary of $69,100 (USD), and, according to the 2017 AIChE Salary Report, engineers with a Master's degree earn 25% more than chemical engineers with a Bachelor's degree, reporting a median salary of $137,400 vs $110,000, respectively
Why Choose Purdue?
- Field Defining Innovation & Research: The Davidson School of Chemical Engineering has been educating future leaders in chemical engineering for over 100 years. Our researchers perform field-defining research that is regarded worldwide for its impact and quality.
- Excellence at Scale: As one of the top 10 engineering graduate programs in the nation, Purdue's College of Engineering is one of the largest and strongest programs in the nation with 13 different schools and departments.
- Affordable Tuition: Tuition for our program is considerably cost effective at approximately $13,895-$19,453 for Indiana residents, $37,398-$52,357 for non-resident students, and $37,598--$52,637 for international students.
- Low Cost of Living: The cost of living in the Greater Lafayette-West Lafayette area is one of the lowest in the nation, with housing rent ranging from 23% to 179% less expensive than competing university cities (numbeo.com).
- Attend a Virtual Information Session!
- Prospective Students
- Alumni Testimonials
- Incoming Students
- Current Students