Looking for a Faculty Position?
Apply online for one of our open positions.
Why Choose Purdue Engineering?
Considering a career in Purdue’s College of Engineering? The perks of working here are numerous:
- Excellent Rankings: Our programs consistently rank highly in prominent national surveys such as U.S.News & World Report.
- Preeminent Teams: Building Preeminent Teams is a research-centric approach to faculty hiring that asks: How would you put your research expertise and leadership skills to use to form a team (approximately 4-8 current + new faculty) to catapult your research area, or an emerging research area of potential, to international preeminence? These investment areas will be developed through a public process akin to that where entrepreneurs pitch a proposal to venture capitalists. The selected proposals will be allocated faculty lines, space, and other resources necessary to set the prospective team on the path to preeminence.
- Signature Area Research: From 2003 to 2013, Purdue Engineering organized much of its faculty hiring and research around signature areas — multidisciplinary initiatives that cut across Purdue’s engineering and related disciplines. These signature areas have addressed, and continue to address, priorities and exciting opportunities for field-defining research, educational innovation, and intellectual property spin-offs.
- Research Resources: Securing funding, accessing lab space, developing proposals, transferring intellectual property into real products and services—whatever your research needs, you’ll find resources available at both the college and university levels to support your efforts.
- Teaching Resources: Purdue is committed to continuous improvement in the classroom. You can access a variety of programs and initiatives to help keep your teaching skills sharp and share best practices with your colleagues.
- Faculty Mentoring: You’re not alone on your journey. Mentoring begins when you join the college and continues throughout your career.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Purdue offers a full benefits package, including a choice of medical and retirement plans and a range of voluntary benefits.
- Work-Life Integration: We’ll help you find the right balance between your professional and personal lives, with flexible policies to deal with outside events and a range of WorkLife programs.
- Two Great Communities: You’ll find a low cost of living, a high overall high quality of life and easy-access to the big city in the communities of Lafayette and West Lafayette.
- Learn more about the extraordinary people in Purdue Engineering that impact the world.