Through our workshops, our students benefit from professional development that prepares them for careers in academia, industry, and national labs.
Communication, Fellowship, Career and More
The College of Engineering provides free workshops for graduate students and postdocs. Topics range from effectively communicating your research to career development. Check out some of the workshops that we offer!
Access recordings of recent professional development workshops by visiting our Workshop Recordings page. These workshops are only open to enrolled Purdue engineering graduate students, post-docs, and visiting scholars.
- Refine skills and practice writing various material
- Open to enrolled engineering graduate students, postdocs, and visiting scholars
- Explore different career paths by hearing professionals discuss their experience
- Get advice on how to be competitive for positions in various fields
- Propose a topic and gain experience presenting a workshop.
- Email engrgrad for more information on the By Grad Students, For Grad Students Workshop Series.
- Learn from current/former faculty NSF GRFP application reviewers how to assemble a competitive application.
- Join a writing workshop for hands-on guidance in writing the required documents.
- Learn about a wide range of opportunities offered by the Graduate School.