PEDLS Yannis C. Yortsos — Panel
|January 23, 2024
|Yannis C. Yortsos, Dean of the University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering and the Zohrab Kaprielian Chair in Engineering
|4:00 – 5:00 PM EST
|School or Program:
Yannis C. Yortsos will engage in a conversation with Purdue Engineering faculty addressing the implications raised in his lecture. They will explore the evolving responsibilities of engineers in a rapidly changing world and the urgent need to integrate human-centric attributes into engineering education.
The panel will consider the intricate relationship between technology, society and ethics. Panelists will discuss the transformative impact of (generative) AI on various aspects of our lives, from the workplace to healthcare. Additionally, they will examine the role of engineers in addressing global challenges, including pandemics and sustainability.
The discussion will provide an opportunity for reflection and examination of the challenges and opportunities at the nexus of engineering and societal advancement.
- Alina Aleexenko, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Yannis Yortsos, Dean of the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Zohrab Kaprielian Chair in Engineering at the University of Southern California
- David Bernal, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Can Li, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Sivaranjani Seetharaman, Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering