10 incoming Engineering students receive full-ride scholarships
Joining them as first-year engineering students are three Stamps Scholarship winners who will receive full undergraduate scholarships.
The students were selected based on high school academic credentials and leadership skills, said Jennifer Dexter, senior assistant director and scholarship coordinator for the Office of Admissions. She also said that support from the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Inc. made it possible for the Stamps scholars to receive full-ride scholarships.
The 2013 Beering scholars in Engineering are:
- Marlow Lynn Rumreich, Indianapolis
- Samuel Thomas Sharkey, Granger, Ind.
- Jason Kelly Hawes, Logansport, Ind.
- Kimberly Anne Quilang Rink, Rochester, Minn.
- Hanna Lee Tso, Vienna, Va.
- Alexandria Jeanine Moore, Veradale, Wash.
- Andrew Joseph O'Connor, Longview, Texas
The Beering Scholarship program was created by Purdue's ninth president, Dr. Steven C. Beering, who raised private funds for the endowment.
The Stamps scholars enrolling in Engineering this fall are:
- Michael Joseph Wadas, Munster, Ind.
- Katherine Lin, Broomfield, Colo.
- Daniel Y. Shyu, Columbia, Mo.
A representative from the Stamps Foundation interviewed each nominee to select recipients.