College of Engineering Business Office Staff Excellence Award
Award Recipient: Plaque, $2,000. Finalist: Plaque, $1,500.
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize, encourage, and promote outstanding customer service by Business Office staff within the College of Engineering.
Eligibility: The award is open to all Business Office staff in the College of Engineering with at least a half-time appointment and at least two years of continuous service to the College of Engineering as a permanent employee. Staff members who provide at least 75% of their effort in service to the College of Engineering are eligible for the CoE Staff Awards of Excellence. One award recipient and two finalists will be recognized annually. The award may not be given to the same individual more than once in a three-year period. The nominees will be employees of the College of Engineering at the time of nomination. The awardee is expected to remain an employee of the College of Engineering until the presentation of the award at the annual banquet, except for special cases such as retirement. The following criteria should be considered when submitting the nomination:
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responds to work requests with a positive attitude and leads by example.
- Demonstrates professionalism in their actions with colleagues.
- Anticipates needs and takes appropriate action.
- Develops a creative or innovative method for providing/improving customer service.
- Candidates may be nominated by any faculty or staff member in the College of Engineering.
- If multiple nominations for one employee are received, the nominators will be contacted and asked to collaborate in order to submit one nomination package.
- Selections will be made by the Staff Awards Committee.
- Each recipient will receive a cash award of $2,000, an individual plaque, and will be honored during the annual staff awards banquet. Each finalist will receive a cash award of $1,500, an individual plaque, and will be honored during the annual staff awards banquet.
- Nominations may be carried over for one year following the initial submission, except as stated above regarding eligibility of recipients and finalists. For this purpose, nominators and/or supervisors will be contacted and will be provided the option of putting the nominee forward a second time, as well as an opportunity to update the materials.
Materials to be submitted for the nomination:
- Required materials include the nomination form and attached documentation, which should not exceed two pages and three letters of support, not longer than one page each. These letters should be incorporated directly into the nomination file.
- Please provide specific examples of how the nominee’s career in engineering has exemplified the various criteria for this award. Nominators and/or support letter writers also are encouraged to address or expand upon the award criteria appropriate for each category.
- Please describe the broader impact the nominee has made, through his or her contribution(s), on his or her constituents.
- Nominators and/or support letter writers are encouraged to address or expand upon the award criteria appropriate for each category.
- Give details of a personal involvement or connection to the candidate.
- Provide letters of support from a diverse group of individuals, including extracurricular sources.
- Utilizing different sources of input such as students, faculty and staff, is valuable for a nomination.