Why Choose Purdue Engineering?
Considering a career in Purdue’s College of Engineering? The perks of working here are numerous:
- Excellent Rankings: Our programs consistently rank highly in prominent national surveys such as U.S.News & World Report.
- Purdue Engineering Initiatives: A set of experiments that grew out of the Engineering Faculty Conversations. Each PEI is a virtual organizational structure to incubate programs in research, learning, and engagement.
- Research Resources: Securing funding, accessing lab space, developing proposals, transferring intellectual property into real products and services—whatever your research needs, you’ll find resources available at both the college and university levels to support your efforts.
- Teaching Resources: Purdue is committed to continuous improvement in the classroom. You can access a variety of programs and initiatives to help keep your teaching skills sharp and share best practices with your colleagues.
- Faculty Mentoring: You’re not alone on your journey. Mentoring begins when you join the college and continues throughout your career.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Purdue offers a full benefits package, including a choice of medical and retirement plans and a range of voluntary benefits.
- Family Friendly Policies: We’ll help you find the right balance between your professional and personal lives, with flexible policies to deal with outside events and a range of WorkLife programs.
- Relocating to the Greater Lafayette Area: Two Great Communities: You'll find a low cost of living, a high overall high quality of life and easy-access to the big city in the communities of Lafayette and West Lafayette.
- Learn about the extraordinary people about the extraordinary people in Purdue Engineering that impact the world.