College of Engineering Faculty Excellence Award for Early Career Research
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize a faculty member in the College of Engineering for early career research excellence.
Due: February 1, 2023
Eligibility: Faculty members with at least a half-time appointment in the College of Engineering holding the rank of.
- Assistant professor.
- Associate professor who has been in that rank for no more than three years.
- Description of most important/innovative research contributions.
- Impact of those contributions on society, government, defense, industry or the disciplines of engineering.
- Evidence of impact including national and international recognition, recognition from beneficiaries of research etc.
- Candidates may be nominated by any faculty or staff member in the College of Engineering.
The nomination package should include:
- Completed cover sheet.
- One letter of nomination (no longer than two pages) that addresses how the nominee has demonstrated excellence in meeting the award criteria.
- Three letters of support. At least one from a colleague(s) at a peer institution(s) and the rest from Purdue faculty colleague(s) (other than the nominator). Letter writers should explicitly address the award criteria.
- The above documents should be combined into a single PDF file.
- A complete curriculum vitae is to be submitted separately.
- The awardee will receive a cash award of $2,500, an individual plaque, and will be honored during the annual faculty awards banquet.
- If multiple nominations for one individual are received, the nominators will be contacted and asked to collaborate in order to submit one nomination package.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.