If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact the College of Engineering's Office of Advancement.

What is the Annual Fund?

Departmental Annual Funds support critical day-to-day operations. Gifts to the Annual Fund help to close the deficit left by declining state support and help bolster the cost of educating today's students.

Will my gift be tax-deductible?

Your gift may be fully or partially deductible, depending on the nature of the gift. Any goods or services involved in the exchange of gifts are declared to have fair-market value, which is not tax-deductible. Contributions to the university, the College of Engineering, or individual departments, are subject to IRS Code sections 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) and 170(b)(1)(A)(v). Refer to the Tax Benefits section of this Web site for more information.

Can I give over a period of time?

Yes. Gifts are often pledged to be made through a series of payments. The Advancement Office staff can work with you to establish a pledge commitment over a time frame that suits your individual giving objectives.

What kinds of assets are allowable as gifts?

The university accepts many types of gifts: cash, real estate, securities, art, jewelry, mineral and intellectual rights, and more.

Tell me about endowed gifts?

Endowments are gifts held in perpetuity and invested in a manner that protects the principal from inflation. The investment income provides a stable funding source for such purposes as scholarships, professorships, lecture series, and research centers. Purdue has received and managed hundreds of endowment gifts over the years. Collectively, these gifts make up the Purdue University Endowment.

What are my rights as a donor?

The University Development Office feels strongly that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and initiatives they are asked to support; it is declared that all donors have rights. To read more about these rights, please go to the following link: Donor Bill of Rights.

How do I get my IRS tax receipt?

Tax receipts are generally mailed to you within a week of receiving your donation.

Can a gift be designated to a specific area?

Yes, giving money to the unrestricted Annual Fund is encouraged, but you may request to have your gift designated to a specific area. To accomplish this, a written request - or even a simple designation on your check - should be submitted with your gift to the university. If your donation is being made online, a designation for the gift's use may be chosen from the list provided. If you would like to designate a gift for a program that is not listed, then please contact the Office of Advancement in the College of Engineering at 765-496-6035.

How does private giving affect the university's overall budget?

Private funding is an invaluable tool that helps the College's programs thrive and grow. Your contributions ensure we are able to continue attracting the best faculty and students while continuing to adhere to a standard of excellence in educational programming.

How can I receive or correct my gift receipt?

Please contact the Office of Advancement in the College of Engineering at 765-496-6035 or e-mail us at engadv@purdue.edu and someone will be happy to assist you.

Where do I send my check?

Please make your check payable to the "Purdue Foundation" and send it to:

College of Engineering Advancement Office
Armstrong Hall of Engineering
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045

Whom should I call if I have more questions about giving to Engineering at Purdue University?

Please contact the College of Engineering's Office of Advancement at 765-496-6035 or send an e-mail to engadv@purdue.edu.