Engineering students among Purdue’s Big Ten Distinguished Scholars
Purdue had a record total of honorees for the second year in a row. Student-athletes across the conference were recognized as Big Ten Distinguished Scholars for achieving grade-point averages of 3.70 and better.
Purdue Engineering students recognized as Big Ten Distinguished Scholars for achieving grade-point average of a 4.0:
Dale Williams (Purdue Men’s Swimming & Diving, AAE’20) maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA during his career at Purdue!
Big Ten Distinguished Scholars
Years in parentheses are previous years they were also recognized.
• Rachel Becker– Chemical Engineering
WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY AND TRACK & FIELD
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY AND TRACK & FIELD
• Curt Eckstein – Mechanical Engineering
• Kyle Griffith – Civil Engineering
• Bryce Hutchinson – Chemical Engineering
• John Pieper (2020) – Environmental & Ecological Engineering
• Blake Selm (2020) – Chemical Engineering
• Joe Weiler (2020, 2019) – Industrial Engineering
• Brooks Royal – Agricultural & Biological Engineering (ASM)
MEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING (9)
Source: Purdue Sports "Record 85 Boilermakers Honored as Big Ten Distinguished Scholars”