PEDLS Ted Sargent — Panel
|Event Date:||September 20, 2022|
|Speaker:||Ted Sargent, Lynn Hopton Davis and Greg Davis Professor, with appointments in the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northwestern University|
|Time:||4:15-5:15 PM EDT
|School or Program:||College of Engineering, Chemical Engineering
The extensive use of fossil fuels over the past century has led to profound impacts on environments and is possibly leading to global climate changes. To address this critical issue and realize a carbon-neutral future, multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research approaches are needed. In this panel featuring Ted Sargent, Lynn Hopton Davis and Greg Davis Professor at Northwestern University, along with experts from ChE, ECE, MSE and ME of Purdue University, we will discuss this important topic from perspectives of solar-to-electricity vs. solar-to-chemical fuel conversion, semiconductor and catalyst design, fundamental materials chemistry and physics, big data and machine learning, large-scale integration and optimization, university-industry partnerships. The panel hopes to shed light on this pressing topic and discuss innovative solutions beyond current understandings.
- Letian Dou, Charles Davidson Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Ted Sargent, Lynn Hopton Davis and Greg Davis Professor, with appointments in the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northwestern University
- Shubra Bansal, Associate Professor of Mechnical Engineering
- Peter Bermel, Elmore Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
- Rajamani Gounder, Larry and Virginia Faith Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Arun Kumar Mannodi Kanakkithodi, Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
- Brett Savoie, Charles Davidson Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
Hosted by College of Engineering and Davidson School of Chemical Engineering.