PEDLS Esther S. Takeuchi — Panel
|Event Date:||March 23, 2023|
|Time:||3:35-4:35 PM EDT
|School or Program:||Mechanical Engineering
Batteries: What’s Next?
Demand for batteries has grown exponentially in recent years in parallel with growth in electric vehicle sales and grid energy storage deployment. Managing continued growth will require additional improvements to battery materials, system architectures, and the supply chains that support battery manufacturing. In this discussion, panelists will provide their perspectives on near-term developments across these scales and ecosystem of battery technology development.
- Esther Takeuchi, SUNY Distinguished Professor and the William and Jane Knapp Chair in Energy and the Environment at Stony Brook University
- Jeff Greeley, Charles and Nancy Davidson Professor, Chemical Engineering
- Mary Patterson, Senior Analytical Batter Scientist, Aptiv
- Rebecca Ciez, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
- Partha P. Mukherjee, Professor of Mechanical Engineering