Bob Galyen: Transportation and Energy Storage for Grid Applications
|Event Date:||January 29, 2020|
|Time:||3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
|Contact Name:||Stephanie McKinley
|School or Program:||College of Engineering
Bob is an Energy Storage technology executive with experience in technology and business operations of small and large corporations. Bob is semi-retired CTO of Contemporary Amperex Technology Company Limited in NingDe, Fujian Province, PRC. CATL specializes in clean technology lithium ion battery systems used in electric vehicles and high efficiency storage systems. CATL is the largest battery manufacturer in the world. Bob is Chairman Emeritus and CTO of NAATBatt International. He also serves on Senator Lugar's Advisory Board for Renewable Energy at IUPUI, the Dean's Executive Advisory Council at Ball State University and the National Fire Protection Agencies Board of Advisers.
- China Friendship Award
- Talent 1000 Award from Peoples Republic of China as "National Distinguished Expert"
- Ball State University "Circle of Distinction Award"
- Automotive News "Electrifying 100"
- SAE International's "Technical Standards Board Outstanding Contribution Award"
- General Motors "Best of the Best" Award
- Indiana ESN Jim Rodgers Award