Diversity in Engineering
The College of Engineering wants you to feel valued and welcome. We're committed to creating and sustaining a welcoming environment for all.
Our goal is to create a place where everyone has the opportunity to excel. An academic environment where everyone's contributions and perspectives are respected and valued. A campus community where barriers to respect and collaboration are eliminated.
Purdue has been a leader in creating programs for women and minorities in engineering that have become models for the rest of the country to emulate and follow:
- First U.S. University to have a Women in Engineering Program
- Birthplace of the National Society of Black Engineers
- Top 10 destination for Hispanic graduate students in engineering
- Top 5 in female graduate in engineering fields
- 20% increase in the retention of underrepresented minority students in the last decade
Are you ready to learn more about our commitment to diversity? We've prepared a section with information and links just for you.