Recruitment & Retention
From recruitment to graduation, the Office of Undergraduate Education leverages its resources to bolster Boilermaker engineering students as they learn to influence their environment, impact society, and craft a brighter future. Some of the most storied programs were either born at Purdue or have a prominent presence.
- Programs have been nationally recognized and replicated
- Enriches engineering education for men and women of African American, Hispanic/Latino American, Native American/Hawaiian/Pacific Islander descent
- Corporate partners include GM Foundation, United States Navy, National Action Council For Minorities in Engineering (NACME), United Technologies, Alcoa, Boeing, and Kimberly-Clark.
- 26% of undergraduate students in the College of Engineering are women
- Women receive 20% of the undergraduate engineering degrees granted
- To date, the College of Engineering has granted more than 10,000 engineering degrees to women
- Targeted at middle school through high school students to consider engineering as a career
- Dedicated to recruiting a diverse and academically gifted student body to the First-Year Engineering program at Purdue
- Promoting Purdue and the engineering profession in an effort to increase engineering workforce