M.S. Thesis Degree Milestones
The following are milestones that should be used as a guide to the successful completion of a master's program (thesis option):
Prior to First Registration
- Meet with faculty advisor for guidance on potential courses to take in the first semester. Consult with BME Graduate Programs office as needed.
- Self-register for courses and research credits through myPurdue.
During First Semester
- Satisfy the English proficiency requirements and all other admission conditions (e.g., presentation of your final transcript to the graduate school and fulfill immunization requirements).
- Select a thesis committee with input from your faculty research advisor.
- Hold a meeting with your thesis committee regarding research objectives and Plan of Study (POS). Refer to the MS curriculum requirements when planning your coursework.
- Submit your electronic POS (ePOS) through myPurdue following POS submission instructions. You are required to submit your ePOS by the end of the first semester of your MS program.
Prior to Final Semester
- Review your plan of study to ensure that all degree requirements are met.
- Discuss your future plans with your faculty research advisor and the Assistant Director of BME Graduate Programs.
- Review instructions on scheduling the final exam in advance of final semester, and consult with the BME Graduate Programs office with any questions.
- Review Purdue graduation deadlines in advance of final semester, and consult with the BME Graduate Programs office with any questions.
During Final Semester
- Follow instructions on scheduling the final exam. Consult with the BME Graduate Programs office with any questions.
- Prior to the deadline to declare candidacy, request that your faculty research advisor confirm your expected graduation via email to the BME Graduate Programs Administrative Assistant so that he/she may register you as a graduation candidate for your final semester.