Plan of Study Information for MS Thesis Graduate Students
Please read and be certain to understand the BME Academic Dishonesty Policy which is in effect for all BME graduate students.
Plan of Study Deadline: End of first semester
Plan of Study Academic Requirements
30 credits total of coursework and research are required.
Plan of Study requirements:
- 21 total credit hours of graduate (500 & 600 level) course work
- 6 cr. hr. BME
- 3 cr. hr. Quantitative / Analytical*
- 3 cr. hr. Life Sciences*
- 9 cr. hr. other graduate coursework
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and must receive a B- or better in all courses on the plan of study
Additional Academic requirements (required but will not be on your plan of study):
2 semesters of BME graduate seminar (BME 69000)
- one semester of BME 59500 Biomedship may be used in place of one semester of BME 69000
- 9 cr. hr. research credits
Work with your research advisor and advisory committee to develop your plan of study. They should help to determine the appropriate core competency area for each Purdue course.
- Sample Courses
- Visit myPurdue to see what courses are being offered
- Other courses available through IUPUI or IU School of Medicine course listings.
Plan of Study Process and Advisory Committee
Assemble an appropriate advisory committee (with advisor input);
- 3 faculty members
- 2 (at least) must be BME faculty members.
- Convene a meeting of this advisory committee;
- Present research progress, preliminary research focus, and proposed plan of study in 20 minutes or less at this meeting;
- Complete the POS worksheet with signatures of all plan of study committee members; schedule a meeting with the Grad Office to discuss and submit your signed worksheet;
- Submit the approved POS online through myPurdue according to ePOS instructions.