The BME Communications Office provides communications and marketing leadership for the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, offering consultation to faculty, staff and student organizations, assisting them in aligning marketing and communications efforts with the School and Purdue University’s brand, and producing creative communications across a wide spectrum of media.
For more general information on Purdue University branding and resources, please visit the Purdue Marketing and Communications Toolbox.
For Weldon School communications related questions, please reach out to Emily Blue at 765-494-3940 or in MJIS 3003D.
Media Relations & Public Information
- Write news releases or connect you with Purdue Strategic Communications or College of Engineering Communications. Please give as much notice as possible for news releases. For instance, as soon as a journal article is accepted, please let us know. We will not post the news release until we have permission from all parties involved.
- Set up training for media interviews with Purdue Strategic Communications
- For external award recognition, please fill out this online form
- Maintain and update content on the main BME website, including directory information
- Create College of Engineering branded user-friendly websites for lab/research groups or to give current websites a new look
- Design publications (brochures, flyers, booklets, posters, etc.) for department programs and events
- Connect you with freelancers for technical illustrations for research/journal purposes
- Manage all School social media accounts
- To submit your news or events for inclusion on social media, email Emily Blue
Photography & Videography
- Headshots, photos for news releases, labs, department events, etc.
- Email Emily Blue with at least 48 hours notice for photos and two weeks for videos
- Manage content on two digital displays in MJIS - outside 1097 classroom and Academic Programs Suite on first floor
- To submit your news or events for inclusion on digital signage, email Emily Blue