Newly Admitted Graduate Students
COVID 19 Course Information:
Classes will be in session on campus this fall with several options for those of you who may not be able or may not want to attend campus this fall. Please visit the Graduate School Covid 19 FAQ website to find out about all your options this fall.
International students who currently have a visa should be aware of any restrictions related to taking online courses. While there was a SEVP exception allowing F-1 visa holders to take more online classes than typically allowed for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020, this exception has changed for Fall 2020. For more information or help with a visa status question, visit the ISS website or contact ISS directly via phone (765-494-5770) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional mandatory orientation sessions for International Students:
Information for international students admitted for the fall semester can be found at ISS Pre-arrival information. Mandatory ISS check-in and orientation sessions will be scheduled sometime in August, and these are separate from the BME orientation. Specific dates for these events will be posted once they are scheduled. At the ISS website, please also refer to the Guide for Purdue Students which provides a wealth of information about the local community, housing, shopping, banking institutions, etc.
In addition to other documents listed on the ISS website, you MUST bring a copy of your financial offer letter that shows your employment (RA or TA appointment) with BME. This document is required for you to obtain your Social Security Number (SSN) during the ISS check-in and orientation session. Possession of a SSN is mandatory in order for your pay to be processed with the BME business office during the BME orientation the following week.
Tips for Graduate Living
A great resource for graduate students is "Tips for Graduate Living". This document is published by our Purdue Graduate Student Government (PGSG) and contains helpful tips about surviving graduate study, as well as practical information about the Lafayette area. This document and other useful resources can be found at Graduate School Resources.
Other Program Information
Our web site contains several documents to help you in planning your graduate studies.
Other Helpful Links
- Academic Calendar
- Graduate School Information for New Students
- Bursar's Office (Fees/Tuition)
- Schedule of Classes
- On Campus Housing
- Off Campus Apartments
- More Off Campus Apartments
- Setting up Purdue Career Account and Purdue email address NOTE: All faculty, staff and students have a career account. Your career account will give you electronic access to your @purdue.edu email account and other electronic services. This account is yours to use for as long as you are affiliated with Purdue University. You will need to know your PUID and your initial account activation password to activate your account. Your PUID is located on your admission letter from the Graduate School (you can obtain this letter by logging into the graduate application website). The activation password was sent from Purdue by email after your admission (subject line key word: "Career Info"). If you have lost this password, please contact email@example.com.
- Getting Started with your ECN account
We look forward to seeing you in August. If the BME Graduate Office can help in any way in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us: WeldonBMEGrad@purdue.edu