Innovation Wing Under Construction
A decade following the opening of the Martin C. Jischke Hall of Biomedical Engineering, we are growing! The Innovation Wing, a $14 million building expansion, is under construction.
The worlds of science, medicine, and education are changing in profound and powerful ways. Academic disciplines long held separate are finding rich opportunities for collaboration and translation of discoveries into products that will revolutionize medicine and healthcare. Educating tomorrow's researchers and leaders who will make this reality requires innovative strategies -- and facilities.
The $25 million Martin C. Jischke Hall of Biomedical Engineering was the first of its kind in Indiana. The building, strategically located in Purdue's Discovery Park, was designed to provide an innovative environment for inter-disciplinary research and teaching.
With the aid of a generous grant from the Whitaker Foundation, the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering partnered with BSA LifeStructures, Inc. to develop a unique facility that:
- departs from the traditional design process, providing innovative spaces for close collaboration
- expands and enhances the curriculum and student body of our educational programs
- is equipped with resources, including a machine shop, for both education and research so students and faculty can take full advantage of their ingenuity
- optimizes location and connectivity
- provides adaptability in meeting changing needs