Plan of Study Information for MS Professional Master's (Coursework Only) Graduate Students
Please read and be certain to understand the BME Academic Dishonesty Policy which is in effect for all BME graduate students.
Plan of Study Deadline: End of first semester
Plan of Study Academic Requirements
30 credits total of coursework required:
- 30 total credit hours of graduate (500 & 600 level) course work
- 6 cr. hr. BME
- 3 cr. hr. Quantitative / Analytical*
- 3 cr. hr. Life Sciences*
- 12 cr. hr. Regulatory Affairs and Professional Skills
- 6 cr. hr. Graduate Electives for Specialization
- For students in the Immersion Concentration, 6-12 month internship
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and must receive a B- or better in all courses on the plan of study
Work with your advisor to develop your plan of study. They should help to determine the appropriate core competency area for each Purdue course.
Work with your research advisor and advisory committee to develop your plan of study. They should help to determine the appropriate core competency area for each Purdue course.
*Courses NOT approved by the BME Graduate Committee for any of the core competency areas.
Example of Sample Courses
- Visit myPurdue to see what courses are being offered
Plan of Study Process and Advisory Committee
- Complete the POS worksheet
- Meet with the Grad Office Advisor to review your spreadsheet
- You will have on assigned advisor for your committee; check with grad office on that assignment
- Submit the approved POS online through myPurdue according to ePOS instructions on the plan of study page.