ECE 30417 - Engineering Optics Laboratory
This course was previously offered as ECE 41300.
Lab Hours: 3 Credits: 1
This is an experiential learning course.
- CMPE Complementary Elective
- EE Elective - Adv Level Lab
ECE 30100 and (ECE 20008 or ECE 20800) and (ECE 30411 or ECE 31100) and ECE 30416 [may be taken concurrently]
A set of laboratory experiments dealing with fundamentals and basic applications of geometrical optics, beams, polarization optics, wave optics and Fourier optics.
- Fundamentals of Photonics, , 2nd Edition , E. A. Saleh & Malvin Carl Teich , World Scientific , 2007 , ISBN No. 0471358320
- Optics , 4th Edition , E. Hecht , 2002 , ISBN No. 080-538-5665
- an ability to properly handle basic optical components and equipment. 
- an ability to assemble a set of optical components to perform simple optical measurements. 
- an ability to design and test simple free-space optical measurements and instruments. 
|3-4||Interferometer and Interference Effects|
|5||Power and beam spot measurement of laser beams|
|6||Spatial filtering and beam expanding|
|7||Transform, convolution and correlation of beams|
|10||Optical Fourier Transforms and Spatial Filtering|
|11-12||Holographic Recording and Reconstruction; Project/Design Introduction|