ECE Safety Program Page
Purdue Police Department web pages
The Department of Radiological and Environmental Management (REM) serves the University community in the areas of radiation safety, hazardous materials management, industrial and life safety, chemical and laboratory safety, and health hazard evaluation. Working as a resource to faculty, staff, and safety committees, REM is responsible for monitoring compliance with various state, federal, and University regulations involving protection of individuals and property.
Integrated Safety Plan
- Integrated Safety Plan - Purdue's Safety Compliance Policies and Information
- Hazards Assessment Certifications - ( by Task) - ( by Position/Title) - MS Word files
- Chemical Hygiene Plan - for labs where chemicals are used
- Biological Safety Manual - for labs where biohazards are used
Personal Protective Equipment
The School of Chemistry maintains a web site with training materials on the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Where appropriate, this site can be used for PPE training verification by having staff review the relevant information, print out the web generated form, and then signing and delivering the form to their supervisor.
- Purdue's HazCom Written Compliance Manual
- Materials Safety Data Sheets - a REM online database of MSDS sheets
- How to Read an MSDS
- ECE MSDS archive