Our Ph.D. program combines coursework and original research to prepare for a career in academia or industry. The focus is on learning to critically review existing knowledge in archive journals on the way to performing original research.
- The program balances classroom study in primary and related subject areas with a thorough investigation on an original topic.
- Students work alongside Purdue ECE’s exceptional faculty, who are leaders in their disciplines.
- Few colleges can match the depth and breadth of Purdue Engineering’s research capabilities and talent. We are focused on 21st century impact — leading the way in reshaping the research universe through discovery and innovation.
- Earn our graduate concentration in Microelectronics and Advanced Semiconductors as you earn the PhD.
- We offer two options for incoming students:
- Students with an MS can apply to our PhD program.
- Students without an MS can apply to our direct PhD program.