ECE 60424 - RF Design: Passive/Active Components
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 1
Areas of Specialization:
- Fields and Optics
On-campus and online
Primer on RF Design
Requisites by Topic:
Fundamentals of RF design, Transmission Lines, Smith Chart
Following the "Primer on RF Design" course, this class focuses on passive and active components. We use the techniques learnt in the previous course, to design advanced RF devices including couplers, filters and amplifiers. Current research topics are discussed as appropriate.
- Microwave and RF Design: Modules. Volume 4 (e-book link provided in Brightspace) , 3rd Edition , Steer, Michael , NC State University , 2019 , ISBN No. 1469656965
- Microwave and RF Design: Radio Systems. Volume 1 (e-book link provided in Brightspace) , 3rd Edition , Steer, Michael , NC State University , 2019 , ISBN No. 1469656906
A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated an ability to:
- Describe and articulate the basic design principles of RF passive and active components.
- Design RF couplers, filters and amplifiers.
- Use CAD tools and analysis techniques to support the design of RF filters and amplifiers.
|1||Basic filter design concepts|
|2||Advanced filter design|
|3||Linear amplifiers, Part 1|
|4||Linear amplifiers, Part 2|
Homework and design projects. (3/2022)