ECE 61010 - Time Domain Simulation and Optimization for Design
Offered Fall and Summer
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 1
Areas of Specialization:
- Power and Energy Devices and Systems
On-campus and online
Requisites by Topic:
Basic linear algebra and ordinary differential equations; MATLAB
This is a skills course that teaches time domain simulation and multi-objective design optimization. This course will serve the needs of students in power and energy system and component design, but is widely applicable to all areas of engineering and does not require domain specific knowledge.
- Power Magnetic Devices: A Multiobjective Design Approach (e-book link provided in Brightspace) , S. D. Sudhoff , Wiley-IEEE Press , 201 , ISBN No. 1118489993
- Computer Aided Analysis of Electric Circuits: Algorithms & Computation Techniques , Chua, L. O.; Lin, P. M , Prentice Hall , 1975 , ISBN No. 0131654152
- Numerical Analysis , 2nd Edition , Gautschi, Walter , Birkhauser , 2012 , ISBN No. 0817682589
A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated an ability to:
- Code simulation engines
- Code accurate and computationally efficient simulation models.
- Comprehend the theory of single- and multi-objective optimization.
- Utilize single-and multi-objective optimization effectively/efficiently.
|2||Theory of Time Domain Simulation|
|2||Coding of Simulation Engines|
|2||Effective Use of Matlab Simulink|
|1||Basic Single Objective Optimization|
|2||Single Objective Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms|
|2||Theory of Multi-Objective Optimization|
|2||Multi-Objective Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms|
|2||Single and Multi-Objective Optimization Using GOSET|
Homework and coding problems. (3/2022)