ECE 25500 - Electronic Circuit Analysis and DesignLecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3 Professional Attributes
Normally Offered: Each Fall, Spring
ECE 20100, Minimum Grade of C and (MA 26100 or MA 27101 or MA 17400).
Diode, bipolar transistor and FET circuit models for the design and analysis of electronic circuits. Single and multistage analysis and design; introduction to digital circuits. Computer aided design calculations, amplifier operating point design, and frequency response of single and multistage amplifiers. High frequency and low frequency designs are emphasized.
- Microelectronic Circuits, 7th Edition, Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith, Oxford University Press, 2014, ISBN No. 978-0-19-933913-6.
Recommended Text(s): None.
Learning Objectives:A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated:
- The ability to identify and correctly utilize the external lead structure and basic electrical characteristics of common semiconductor devices (pn junctions, MOSFETs, and BJTs). [a,k]
- The ability to analyze and design d.c. bias circuits. [a,c,e,k]
- The ability to utilize d.c. and a.c. models of semiconductor devices in both analysis and design. [a,c,k]
- The ability to analyze and design single and multistage amplifiers at low, mid and high frequencies. [a,c,e,k]
- The ability to use a CAD tool (e.g., SPICE) in circuit analysis and design. [a,b,c,e,k]
|2||Diodes, diode models, diode applications|
|3||Bipolar junction transistors, BJT circuits|
|2||MOSFETs, MOSFET circuits|
|1||Transistor applications, Multi-stage circuits|
|1||BJT amplifiers, BJT hybrid-pi model|
|1||MOSFET amplifiers, MOSFET hybrid-pi model|
|1.5||Single-stage transistor amplifiers|
|.5||Multi-stage transistor amplifiers|
|2||Frequency response, high-frequency models|
|1||High-frequency multi-stage amplifier analysis and design|
Engineering Design Content:
Engineering Design Consideration(s):